With 2017 right around the corner, it is quite likely that you’re thinking of ways to improve business in the new year. Not many of us are immune to making New Year’s Resolutions. And as a jewelry shop owner, you certainly shouldn’t be. While you have likely enjoyed a successful holiday shopping season – jewelry tops many holiday shopping lists – the new year will present numerous opportunities for you to boost sales.
Valentine’s Day is the next special occasion when jewelry becomes an even hotter commodity than usual. But, there’s truly no reason to simply assume that foot traffic will pick up in your store in the weeks following Christmas. In fact, most consumers will likely be considering a reduction in spending considering the increased number of purchases they’ve made in December. This is one of the reasons it would be a great idea to host an in-store event in January.
Here are five more:
1. It will allow you to interact with your customers in person. Face-to-face encounters are hard to beat. It enables you to develop genuine connections with other people. This is pretty important in the world of jewelry sales. Because they are such important purchases, consumers like to feel confident that they are making the right choices. Being able to learn more about your customers will help you to guide them towards making purchases they will be happy with. This will encourage them not just to buy from you once, but to remain loyal to your brand.
2. It gives you the opportunity to express your appreciation. What would your store be without its customers? No business can operate without support. And this is why your in-store event should have an “exclusive” feel to it. By personally inviting people who have made purchases from you before, you are offering your show of gratitude for their support. Of course, it’s wise to verbally communicate your appreciation to everyone who attends.
3. It will encourage impulse buys. Your in-store event is meant to allow people to mix, mingle and browse your items. Naturally, it sets the table for you to begin conversations. And, of course, these conversations can lead toward impulse purchases. You may even wish to offer a small discount or free gift with a purchase during your event to provide your customers with incentives to take immediate action.
4. It will enable you to better understand your customer base. Great conversations are made up of a lot of questions and answers. Take opportunities during your in-store event to find out what makes your customers tick. This will help you to not only plan even better events in future, but discover various ways to meet your customers’ needs throughout the year.
5. It will grow your social networking reach. In-store events get people talking. And, in today’s world, people do a lot of talking online. By making personal invites to your in-store event, you will develop a reputation that most consumers will enjoy telling others about. It’s wise, of course, to make mention of your event using social media, but don’t forget to reach out to those who have attended after the event is over. Word will quickly spread about how enjoyable it was. This will encourage more visitors in future.
At TK Enterprises Inc., we specialize in making personal invites for in-store events. Our one-of-a-kind Retail Event Marketing division is made up of individuals with over 30 years of experience working on the phone. They each make more than 250 phone calls per day, reaching out to your existing customers to make friendly, personal connections with them. This, we have found, is the best way to make each of your in-store events a huge success.
For more information about how we can help make your next in-store event a great success, please don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-877-622-0195. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.